Thursday, October 18, 2012

Starting Over

I read an article that discusses the process of spouses starting over after they have been divorced. Data from a recent interview from a national survey of married people, it has been determined that once you get divorced, your probability of getting divorced again increases. Spouses in remarriages are more likely to be poorly integrated with parents and in-laws, and are more willing to leave the marriage. They don't set their standards as high as they did for their first marriage. 

1 comment:

  1. I found this actually really interesting. I kind of thought that after divorce, you would learn what doesn't work and what to prevent. I thought that the marriage would be more successful because you've, in essence, "learned a lesson". But then you said the standards comment and that made me change my mind. I know so many middle-aged woman and men now that are desperate to be remarried. I see them pursuing relationships they would never have pursued had they not been divorced prior.Thanks for this post! Made me think about divorce.

    ReplyDelete